What is the functioning of Librium 25 mg tablets (generic Chlordiazepoxide)?
Librium 25mg tablets contain generic Chlordiazepoxide as a main pharmaceutical component. Chlordiazepoxide unites to benzodiazepine sites and showing its action by activating GABAA receptors inside the brain. This activation further affects the promotion the chloride influx through GABA receptor channels and ought to give the calming effect. This mechanics of Librium produces sedative and anxiolytic effects.
What is the dosage instruction about Librium 25 mg tablets (generic Chlordiazepoxide)?
Librium capsules are easily available as oral dosage form in the dose strength of 25 mg
- The dose needed to take care of mild to moderate anxiety and pre-operative anxiety is 5 mg to 10 mg taken three to four times in a day.
- The dose needed to treat severe anxiety is 20 mg to 25 mg taken three to four times in a day.
- The dose required to overcome alcohol-withdrawing symptoms with an initial dose of 50 mg to 100 mg taken as per need in the day in anticipation of agitation is controlled. The maximum dose limit for Librium in a day should not cross 300 mg.
What are the contra indicator factors with Librium 25 mg tablets (generic Chlordiazepoxide)?
- You should not use Librium if you are allergic to any of the ingredient present in the medication.
- If you are suffering from medical conditions like liver disorder, acute angle glaucoma, any allergic reaction or psychosis, do not ingest Librium medicine.
What is the drug interactions observed with Librium 25 mg tablets (generic Chlordiazepoxide)?
Lithium medication may show some severe adverse effects if given along with any sleep inducing medications, narcotic drugs, medications for anxiety, depression, any prescribed cough medication, or blood thinners like Warfarin. The person should not use Librium medicine if he is already relying on Sodium Oxybate.
What are the warnings and precautions to follow with Librium 25 mg tablets (generic Chlordiazepoxide)?
The person should always follow the following safety points while using Librium medicine:
- Avoid alcohol, grape fruit juices, or any other beverages consumption as it can alter the therapeutic effect of the drug.
- A pregnant woman and breastfeeding mothers should not put in use Librium medicine as this may affect the newborn baby.
- With Librium, you may feel dizzy so avoid work that needs mental alertness or proper concentration.
- Librium is a habit-formation medication so does not increase the dose without doctor permission.
- Librium medication is advised not to be given to the children below the age of 6 years.
- Elderly people and children should be given Librium medicine with proper cautions.
What are the aftermaths with Librium 25 mg tablets (generic Chlordiazepoxide)?
Some common side effects that may be observed along with the therapeutic effect of Librium are confusion, dizziness, headache, daytime drowsiness, clumsiness, excessive, yellowing of skin or eyes, lack of coordination, unusual weakness, and other mild allergic reactions. Overdosing of the drug may cause severe dizziness, confusion, muscle weakness, or loss of consciousness.