Brief Description Of Lyrica 300mg Capsules (Generic Pregabalin)
Lyrica 300mg Capsule is used for the treatment of nerve pain arising from the damaged nerves in people suffering from diabetes, herpes zoster, fibromyalgia, shingles and spinal cord injury. It is a new hope for people living with nerve pain. It contains generic Pregabalin as its generic which is an anti-epileptic medicine which is also known as an anticonvulsant. It acts by suppressing the impulses in the brain and controlling the chemicals in the brain that is responsible for sending pain signals.
Mechanism Of Action Of Lyrica 300mg Capsules (Generic Pregabalin)
Pregabalin makes its action by binding with affinity to the alpha2-delta site in the CNS. It decreases the release of calcium-dependent neurotransmitters, by changing the calcium channel function. Thus, electric signals from the damaged nerves are suppressed and pain signals do not travel to the brain.
Dosing Regimen Of Lyrica 300mg Capsules (Generic Pregabalin)
- The dose for neuropathic pain: you should administer 75 mg of Lyrica two times in a day orally.
- The dose for fibromyalgia: you should take 75 mg of Lyrica twice in a day orally.
- The dose for Epilepsy: you should take 50mg of Lyrica thrice in a day.
- The dose of diabetic neuropathy: you should take 50mg of Lyrica orally thrice in a day.
You can take this medicine with or without food. Try to use this medicine regularly and avoid missing the doses if you want best results. If you have taken, an overdose of this medicine then rush to the emergency room.
Side Effects Of Lyrica 300mg Capsules (Generic Pregabalin)
You may suffer some of the side effects after taking this medicine as infection, blurred vision, constipation, fatigue, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, edema, speech disturbance, and increased appetite.
Contraindications Of Lyrica 300mg Capsules (Generic Pregabalin)
- You should never use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. In addition, do not use this medicine if you are planning to be a father as this medicine may cause infertility in men.
- You should never use this medicine if you are allergic to its constituents.
- You should never use this medicine if you have heart, liver, kidney, diabetes or bleeding disorders or if you have a history of suicidal thoughts, depression or alcohol or drug addiction.
Drug Interactions Of Lyrica 300mg Capsules (Generic Pregabalin)
- You should never use this medicine if you are using Rosiglitazone, heart or blood pressure medicines like Lisinopril, Quinapril, Ramipril, and others because using this medicine may cause increased adverse effects or may decrease the efficiency of medicine.
Precautions Of Lyrica 300mg Capsules (Generic Pregabalin)
- Use this medicine with care if you are above 65 years of age.
- You may start bleeding easily, therefore, start using a soft toothbrush and avoid injuries.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and performing those tasks that need your attention.
- Children should not use this medicine.